Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Storm's a-brewin'... Spring cleaning in the mental attic.

I've been cycling through my mind in high-gear lately... sorting out the attic, so to speak, when suddenly it strikes me that I have not yielded a definitive product of imagination for ages! It would be unfair of me to say I've been doing nothing at all, as I've been accumulating much knowledge of many topics, as well as passively chipping away at certain projects...

 I have this horrendous habit of stacking on new ideas and barely getting around to any of them... My enthusiasm for a broad range of knowledge has suddenly left me questioning just whether or not I actually KNOW anything at all. A thought will come suddenly which breaks me completely off the rails of whatever train of thought was carrying me before... and yet despite this imperfection I can still see my indecisive nature as a boon, and not a curse(as it is considered by those without patience). I am slow when I am aware that the reasons for acting are not clear, or I am becoming familiar with the instructions. But when I act, I am ready to act, and I perform my actions in modest form without injury. I realize that mistakes are part of the learning process, and so I allow my imagination to follow through with theories before I physically test them... thus avoiding some embarrassment.

Well... as I've said, I simple am not content with my output lately... I don't wish to make things to brag, but I wish to verify that I am contributing to a more promising future for those of us who are destined to live through tomorrow.

I have a mental "inbox" of poetic musings which are demanding to be transcribed into a format I may share... Songs to be sung. Insights to be read aloud. Stories to be acted out.

I have begun carving as a hobby and need to finish my first project.

I'm beginning to study horticulture hands-on, and I would like to start logging what I'm up to.

One thing I am absolutely in need of is a big fat life changing victory... I need to put away any excuses and just DO a serious fitness program that will change me dramatically with 3 months worth of dedication... I believe I may need to actually DO a routine again. As much as I enjoy spontaneity, it seems that leaving myself to do what I want all of the time makes me a slave to my least attractive habits(sleeping in and getting creative in the kitchen are only good activities when partners are involved... so until my imaginary friends grow flesh...) I have done it before; A serious fitness routine. I accomplished about 2/3rds of my goal before spraining my ankle. After that it wasn't so much about giving up as it was about following my heart and hitchhiking to Rainbowland. Three years of awkward truces with reality later, here I am. Freshly survived the end of the world and ready to dig my toes into this new earth.

I don't intend to follow one course religiously, but I do intend to blend elements of everything I've considered thus far and SERIOUSLY chart and measure results. Now where's the scale...

No comments:

Post a Comment